- Highgrove Bathrooms’ AR + 3D Shopping Experience - November 1, 2023
- Express Portables Showcase Modular Homes In AR + 3D - October 3, 2023
- Felton Industries’ Stunning AR + 3D Park Furniture - May 5, 2023
Leading The Bathware Industry
With over 80 years of experience, Caroma is one of the most recognised brands in Australia. When visiting a bathroom in an office, shopping centre or household, there’s a high chance you’ll see the Caroma logo on a toilet or basin and this simply illustrates how popular the brand is in the region.
Utilising high-quality materials and timeless design, Caroma creates products that are beautiful and functional. The bathware leader has received multiple awards for bathware technology and sustainability, with their motto being to create solutions for everyday living. With this in mind, it made perfect sense for them to partner with INHAABIT, to expand their innovation online and showcase their products via in 3D and Augmented Reality.
In this case study, we’ll explain how Caroma has leveraged 3D visualisation technology to display their extensive range of bathware and a 3D Bathroom Planner to increase multi-product engagement.
- Caroma wanted a more effective way to showcase their range on their product pages and stand out from competitors. With an extensive range of products that can be installed in a bathroom, traditional photography could be complex and time consuming to arrange. It also provided a limited number of product perspectives and scenarios.
- Caroma’s bathware is available around Australia in major retail stores such as Bunnings, Mitre 10 and their flagship showrooms. These stores allow customers to physically explore products, to understand features and sizing. Caroma wanted an equivalent online experience to boost customer purchase confidence.
- Caroma were looking for a solution to enable customers to quickly explore and understand products online. The solution would need to provide as much visual detail as possible to digitally replicate their products.
- Traditionally, the process for renovating a bathroom and selecting bathware was complex. Caroma were looking for an online solution that would introduce customers to the process and allow them to visualise multiple products.
- Caroma wanted an online solution that would inspire customers to be creative with their bathroom designs and accurately see how their bathroom would appear.
Caroma approached INHAABIT to showcase their bathware in ultra-realistic Augmented Reality and 3D. Leveraging INHAABIT’s 3D Product Configurator, Instant Augmented Reality and AR + 3D Bathroom Planner, they were able to achieve multiple goals, enhancing their online product engagement, speeding up the sales cycle and creating new digital channels to acquire sales leads.o
The ability to showcase their products in AR + 3D, transformed their website into an interactive experience, allowing customers to visualise products from any angle, understand sizing and realistically try bathware in their home to increase purchase confidence.
The 3D Product Configurator and 3D Bathroom Planner were seamlessly integrated into Caroma’s website, bringing the products to life in high quality 3D and enabling customers to build a bathroom and walk through it in Augmented Reality.
Realistic 3D Bathware & Augmented Reality Technology
Caroma have onboarded baths, basins, toilets, taps and showers from their Urbane II, Liano II and Luna collections into high quality Augmented Reality and 3D. This allows customers to explore each product in high detail, zoom in and rotate it via ultra-realistic 3D. Bathware can be explored in every available material and a “View in my space” button allows they to visualise it in their home via Augmented Reality.
INHAABIT’s 3D Product Configurator and Instant AR technology powers the experience and enables Caroma to display their 3D products with industry leading realism. Customers can access AR functionality by scanning a Smart QR code on desktop or browsing directly on their mobile devices.
3D products have provided multiple benefits for Caroma, bridging the gap between visiting a physical store, helping customers easily see the features of a product and letting them visualise multiple materials with the tap of a button. Augmented Reality technology enables them to try a product in their bathroom to test placement, visualise the sizing without having to visit a store and provide a more engaging online shopping experience than competitors.
Building A Bathroom With The 3D Bathroom Planner
Once Caroma’s product range had been converted to high quality 3D, it was able to be integrated into the Caroma Bathroom Visualiser. Built on INHAABIT’s Room Planner platform, the retail-focused experience allows customers to quickly build their dream bathroom, with no special skills or training required. The building experience occurs in ultra-realistic 3D and enables customers to intuitively drag & drop products into the desired positions. They can rotate the bathroom to any perspective, download high quality photos and save a link to retrieve their bathroom.
The Caroma Bathroom Visualiser allows customers to select from over 600 products to build their perfect sanctuary. With an extensive range of products available, Caroma’s website has been fully integrated with the 3D bathroom planner, allowing customers to add products to a shortlist so they are available in the planner.
Ease of use, high visual quality and flexibility of design, were key requirements of the project. INHAABIT’s Room Planner platform successfully delivers this via its intuitive retail-focused interface, a real-time ultra-realistic 3D planning experience and the ability to try 100’s of Caroma products.
“Renovating a bathroom can be an engaging and interactive experience for customers”, explains Jason Yim, Director of Marketing at INHAABIT. “For Caroma, this creates greater product awareness, an attachment to multiple products in the product range and a pathway for customers to move forward with Caroma.”
Caroma’s Bathroom Visualiser allows customers to build a bathroom in minutes. Seconds later they can walk through it in Augmented Reality to explore the placement of their fixtures just by using their mobile phone.
Increasing Product Engagement & Bathware Sales
With the INHAABIT’s 3D Product Configurator and Bathroom Planner, customers can better visualise Caroma products and have great confidence purchasing online. The high resolution visuals ensure that the 3D products are as close as possible to real item, creating a new benchmark for online shopping.
- 3D Products, Augmented Reality and the Caroma Bathroom Visualiser have helped Caroma create a more engaging website for their customers and enhance their sales process.
- The Caroma Visualiser helps customers create and personalise a bathroom, specifically with Caroma products. It allows Caroma to market and showcase multiple products to customers, via an interactive 3D planning experience.
- 3D visualisation enables customers to easily see a product in any material, rotate and visualise it from every angle and increase purchase confidence.
- Augmented Reality allows customers to try a product in their space to easily understand sizing and placement.
- Caroma has extended the AR + 3D products to their trade portal to help tradespeople quickly explore and find the right products.
- The integration of INHAABIT’s AR + 3D platform has helped Caroma showcase a large range of bathware products in an innovative way, increasing their competitive advantage and converting their website into a more powerful sales and marketing tool.
Explore More Customer Stories
Find out how AR + 3D solutions can increase your sales and engagement
Visualise bathware in 3D, try it in your home & build a complete bathroom
Explore espresso machines, food processors and kitchen appliances in ultra-realistic AR
Visualise barbeques & outdoor furniture in your home with AR
Configure home furniture with an extensive range of materials & options
Use the Aria modular bench configurator to create thousands of combinations
See beautiful art & posters in your room with AR
Try designer furniture in your outdoor space with AR
View designer tiles & bathware with AR
Discover the world's best designed products in AR & build a Muuto Stacked system
See award winning Australian designer furniture in AR & 3D
See TVs, refrigerators, washers & air conditioners in 3D & AR
Configure park furniture & build the HYVE modular bench